Sunday, June 15, 2014

Writing Blogs and Following Blogs

Originally written and posted 3/20/14 for my Masters of Education in Teaching and Learning Classes

I have been a blog dabbler for about a year now.  I have never actively followed any blogs, but usually rely on my PLN on Twitter to direct me to blog posts that might be of some interest to me.  There are quite a few I come back to fairly regularly, but how much they directly relate to my research is another question.
T
he first blog I finally subscribed to is http://flippingwithkirch.blogspot.com/  This blog is written by Crystal Kirch and if you have ever done anything, or are interested in doing anything with a flipped classroom she is a great resource.  She often shares various forms that she uses in her classroom, as well as weekly reflections on how things are going, and then just sharing resources that she finds.  Her blog and website were a great resource when I first began flipping my classroom.  It has been awhile since I visited her blog, so this will be a nice incentive to return.

The second blog I have subscribed to is http://www.tcps.org/blogs/math/ (Making Math Fun). I picked this particular blog because it seems to focus on real life applications of math and how they have designed projects and activities that use real-world math.  I have wanted to incorporate ideas like this into my math classroom, but often feel crunched for the time to design them.  If I can find projects and ideas from this blog it would be a life-saver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment